1. The Purpose and Modification of These Terms
- The purpose of these Terms is to define the relationship regarding the use of this Site. These Terms apply to all matters regarding the use of this Site and all contents contained in this Site (hereinafter, “Content(s)”).
- In any of the following circumstances, we may modify these Terms at our own discretion:
- where we deem that the modification of these Terms conforms to the general interest of the users; or,
- where we deem that the modification of these Terms is not against the purpose of these Terms, and that is reasonable in light of its necessity, the appropriateness of the terms after modification, and other circumstances relating to such modification.
- Upon modification of these Terms, we will publish on this Site the fact these Terms will or have been modified, the content of these Terms after modification and the effective date of the modification.
- Users are deemed to have consented to the modifications to these Terms by using this Site after the effective date of such modification.
2. Copyright and Other Rights
- The rights concerning all Contents other than posts, photographs and other content uploaded to the Site by users (hereinafter, “User Content”; all Content other than “User Content” hereinafter “Company Content”) are either owned by the Company, or licensed to us from third parties. Users may view Company Content (such as images, sounds, text and so forth), but no portion of the Company Contents may be used, reproduced or republished without our prior written permission, except to the extent expressly permitted under applicable law, such as printing or saving any portion of the Company Contents for non-commercial, personal use.
- Users grant us rights to use (includes reproducing, copying, modifying, sublicensing to third parties and any and all other forms of using) User Content at no charge, and agree not to exercise any moral rights (right to make the work public, right to determine the indication of the author’s name and right to maintain integrity).
- We are not obligated to maintain the User Contents on this Site and may delete any User Content from this Site. In no event shall we be liable for any damage which you may incur as a result of the measures we take pursuant to this paragraph.
- If you wish to use any portion of the Contents, you must contact us in advance using the Inquiry Form.
- All names, trademarks, logos and the like published on this Site (hereinafter, collectively the “Marks”) are either owned by the Company or used under license from third parties. We do not grant any license or authorization to use the Marks.
4. Prohibited Acts
When using this Site, the following acts are prohibited:
- Acts that cause, or are likely to cause, any damage or detriment to the Company or a third party;
- Acts that offend, or are likely to offend, public order or morals;
- Criminal acts or acts that may be linked to, or are likely to be linked to criminal acts;
- Acts that defame, or damage the reputation or credit of, the Company or a third party;
- Acts that cause, or are likely to cause, any use of a computer virus or other malicious software;
- Acts that violate, or are likely to violate, laws, statutes or ordinances;
- Acts of linking in a manner that causes, or may cause, any misunderstanding that an individual or entity is associated with the Company or that the Company supports, endorses or recommends a linked site;
- Acts that provide any frame link or other link in a manner which may lead to misunderstanding that this Site is a part of the linked website; and
- Any other acts that the Company deems inappropriate.
- Before making links to this Site (including publishing the URL of this Site in any print publication), please contact us specifying the URL of the website you wish to link to, or the name of the publication. Please be advised that we may decline your request for link to this Site.
- When making links to this Site, you must comply with Section 4 above (Prohibited Acts) as well as the following guidelines:
- Any link to this Site must be a text link;
- Set the link to the top page of this Site ( https://www.immersioncamp.com/ );and
- The text accompanying the link must be conspicuous and read “English Immersion Camp Website”.
- THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE SUBSTANCE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR AUTHENTICITY.
- IN THE EVENT A USER SUFFERS FROM DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF USE OF THE SITE OR COMPANY CONTENTS, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO COMPENSATE THE USER FOR SUCH DAMAGE SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO ANY DAMAGE ARISING DUE TO ANY INTENTIONAL ACT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY.
- THE COMPANY MAY ALTER ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE ON THIS SITE, OR SUSPEND OR TERMINATE OPERATION OF THIS SITE, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH ALTERATIONS, SUSPENSIONS OR TERMINATION, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON THEREOF.
- THE COMPANY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RESPOND TO YOUR INQUIRY MADE THROUGH THIS SITE IN SUCH CASES INCLUDING: WHERE THE INQUIRY DOES NOT REACH THE COMPANY’S CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF DUE TO SYSTEM MALFUNCTION OR COMPUTER VIRUS INFECTION; WHERE THE INQUIRY IS ILLEGIBLE DUE TO THE CHARACTER CODE USED; AND/OR WHERE THE RETURN E-MAIL ADDRESS SPECIFIED IN THE INQUIRY IS INCORRECT, ETC. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANY RESPONSE FROM THE COMPANY, PLEASE KINDLY CONTACT US AGAIN.
7. Personal Information
- Operating and improving this Site
- Providing information regarding the English Immersion Camp
- Making announcements regarding events and programs planned, operated or sponsored by the Company
- Making announcements regarding the recruitment, selection and interviews of English Immersion Camp/English Immersion Day leader applicants
- To enable customizing functions so that revisiting users can use this Site more conveniently;
- To utilize access logs for access count volume research and other statistical analysis regarding this Site;
- To effectively conduct advertising, marketing and promotions based on the past visits to this Site; and
- To allow you to easily share and interact with social media platforms.
- Google Analytics/Google Advertisements: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- You can set your cookie transmission option from “Allow all cookies,” “Refuse all cookies,” “Notify when you receive a cookie.” The way you can set the option depends on which browser you use. For more information check your browser’s “help” menu. Please note that if you select “refuse all cookies,” your use of various services on the internet may be limited (e.g. you may not be able to use services which requires authentication).
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- All disputes in connection with this Site shall be resolved under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Osaka District Court for the first instance.
- If any provision of these Terms or any of their part is deemed invalid or unenforceable under the laws, the remaining part shall remain in full effect.
11. Inquiries about this Site
- For more information about this Site or link, please contact us using the inquiry form.
These Terms were established on March 1, 2015 and came into effect on the same date.
These Terms were revised on October 25, 2019 and such revisions came into effect on the same date.