4thTohoku Trip information
Dear EIC Participants,
Let’s try to read English version!
～ 4 years have passed, is the situation getting better? ～
What is it about?
We will visit Miyagi Prefecture and Iwate Prefecture which were heavily damaged by the tsunami. We are planning to go and see the current situation, living condition, and also experience exchange activities with children. Also, We are going to think together on what we can do from now onwards for Tohoku and Japan, which we will present at the
Why are we doing it?
- To expand the view and perspective by directly going to the real location and experiencing the reality.
- To learn through communicating with local people.
- To share to as many people in English about what you learned through the conversation with the local people and children (Some camp leaders are planning to participate too).
Terms & Condition for participation
*Approval & cooperation from the guardians are a MUST.
- To be able to think and plan about the trip together.
- To be able to do a presentation about the result at APN.
- To be able to use email as a tool of communication (Japanese base).
- To be able to participate in the following meetings and APN event.
1. March 15th 2015 (Sunday) from 13:00-17:00 (Osaka or Tokyo prior to the trip).
※If it is difficult to go to Osaka or Tokyo, please contact & consult to GNT office.
2. April 18th 2015 (Saturday) from 15:00-19:00 at ShinOsaka for preparation and rehearsal of the presentation.
3. April 19th 2015 (Sunday) – APN event at ShinOsaka.
Schedule: March 29th 2015 (Sunday) – April 1st 2015 (Wednesday) (4 days / 3 nights)
※When carrying out, we are thinking more than enough about the safety.
Please understand because of the aftershock and the local situation, etc., we may cancel the trip.
|Day1||3/29(SUN)||Gather at Morioka Airport, Iwate Prefecture. Visit around Kamaishi area||Kesennuma City, Miyagi Prefecture|
|Day2||3/30(MON)||Exchange activities with local people.||Kesennuma City, Miyagi Prefecture|
|Day3||3/31(TUE)||Observation around Kesennuma city Miyagi Prefecture (Communication with a local volunteer guide).||Miyagi Prefecture|
|Day4||4/1(WED)||Observation around Yuriage area. Exchange activities with local people. , lunch, and go home|
- ※The program might change according to the situation of the spot at the time of visit.
Let’s think about the children’s exchange activity content together at the meeting!
- Eligibility: EIC participants (without any age preferences), Camp Leaders, Staff
GNT Staff and Mr. Akihiro Chiba (Former Assistant Director General for Coordination of Operational Activities, UNESCO HQ) will also join!
- Number of Participants： 20 people (KUMON Staff will be going together)※Selection will be done in case of too many applicants
- Participation Fee： 49,000Yen (accommodation, meals, moving expenses)、subject to adjustment.
※Traveling expenses from participants’ house to Morioka Station, Iwate Prefecture or Sendai Station and back to participants’ house are not included. It will be under the responsibility of the applicant.
You can also make your travel arrangement with travel agency but it will not include a tour conductor.
However, we will try to arrange GNT staff, after participants are decided.
Person who wants to apply…
Please write an 「Essay」on your 「Application」and send by E-mail, Fax or mail.
Deadline：25th January, 2015 (Sunday) Thank you for many applications.
The above is an announcement for children. If camp leaders are interested in this trip, please contact us by emailby 5th January, 2014. We will inform you the details of the trip after we have received your email.